Your personal information are collected and processed in compliance with the Swiss Data Protection Act and to the extent applicable with the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
1. Data controller
Ms. Silvia Petruzzino, with law firm in Switzerland, 6900 Lugano, via Pretorio 13, is responsible for your personal information provided to her or collected by her during the course of her professional activity.
2. Personal data collection and process
Personal data are collected in the course of providing legal services and/or when you interact with Ms. Silvia Petruzzino and include:
- your name and contact details and other basic information;
- identification and background information provided by you or collected as part of the attorney at law’s on-boarding process;
- financial information;
- information provided to Ms. Silvia Petruzzino by or on behalf of her clients or generated by her in the course or providing services to clients;
- information provided to Ms. Silvia Petruzzino for the purposes of attending meetings, seminars and events;
- information in relation to materials and communications Ms. Silvia Petruzzino sends to you electronically;
- any other information relating to you which you may provide to Ms. Silvia Petruzzino.
Your personal data are processed as follows:
- to communicate with you;
- to carry out anti-money laundering, conflict and reputational checks;
- to manage the professional relationship between Ms. Silvia Petruzzino and you/her clients;
- to promote the services of the law firm, including, for instance, by sending publications or event invitations;
- to comply with Ms. Silvia Petruzzino’ legal, regulatory and risk management obligations, including establishing, exercising or defending legal claims.
Your personal data are only use if and to the extent that applicable law allows. Ms. Silvia Petruzzino will therefore process your personal information if:
3. Website and cookies
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you;
- it is necessary in connection with a legal obligation;
- you have given your consent (where necessary) to such use; or
- if Ms. Silvia Petruzzino or a third party, in particular one of her clients, have a legitimate interest which is not overridden by your interests or your rights and freedoms. Such legitimate interests include the provision of legal services to her clients.
Ms. Silvia Petruzzino automatically collects and stores for a limited time log data and device information when you access and use of her website www.petruzzinolawfirm.com. That information includes, among other things, details about how you use her website, IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information and similar information. Ms. Silvia Petruzzino processes that data on the basis that it is required for us to operate, maintain and improve her website.
The website www.petruzzinolawfirm.com uses Google Analytics, a service provided by Google LLC, USA that tracks and reports on the manner in which this website is used. Google Analytics does this by placing small text files called “cookies” on your computer or other device. Cookies collect information about the number of visitors to the websites, the pages visited and the time spent on the websites. This information is aggregated and not personally identifiable. This integration
of Google Analytics generally anonymizes IP addresses by shortening within the EU/EEA. Google is registered under the US-Swiss and the EU-US Privacy Shield.
You can change your browser settings to block cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device. Please note that if you decide to disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain functions of the website www.petruzzinolawfirm.com. By continuing to use the website www.petruzzinolawfirm.com without changing your settings you consent to use of this website’ cookies.
4. Sharing of your personal information
Ms. Silvia Petruzzino may share your personal information collected in the course of providing legal services with third parties (such as advisors, related parties, courts, authorities, counterparties and other persons) in Switzerland, the EU or other countries if required or useful for providing her services. Moreover Ms. Silvia Petruzzino may share your personal information with third parties in the following cases:
- you have consented to her doing so (where necessary);
- in order to comply with a legal, regulatory or professional obligation; or
- it is necessary in connection with legal proceedings or in order to exercise or defend legal rights.
Ms. Silvia Petruzzino uses third parties who provide services on her behalf and may share your information with them, for example banks, insurance companies or technology suppliers who may have access to your personal information when providing software support.
5. Protection of your personal data
Ms. Silvia Petruzzino has put in place appropriate security measures to hold your personal information securely in electronic and physical form to protect it from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss. Her premises are access controlled and surveyed by video recording where required and her electronic databases require logins and password authentication.
Any party who have access to confidential information (including personal information) is subject to confidentiality obligations.
6. Retention period of your personal data
Ms. Silvia Petruzzino retains your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. She further retains your personal data as long as it is subject to a legal retention obligation.
7. Transfer of your personal data
Ms. Silvia Petruzzino may transfer your personal data to recipients abroad, including in countries that do not provide the same level of protection as Swiss law. Ms. Silvia Petruzzino will do so on the basis that such a transfer is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you, for an agreement or performance of an agreement concluded in your interest, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
8. Your rights
You have rights that you can exercise under certain circumstances in relation to the personal information that Ms. Silvia Petruzzino holds. These rights are to:
- request access to your personal information and certain information in relation to its processing;
- request rectification of your personal information;
- request the erasure of your personal information;
- request that Ms. Silvia Petruzzino restricts the processing of your personal information; and
- object to the processing of your personal information.
If you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once Ms. Silvia Petruzzino has received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, she will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless she have another legitimate basis for doing so.
Ms. Silvia Petruzzino may refuse to provide access if the relevant data protection legislation or other legislation, in particular the attorney client privilege, allows or obliges her to do so, in which case she will provide reasons for her decision as required by the law.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us in writing by emailing email@example.com
or by letter to:
Ms. Silvia Petruzzino
Petruzzino Law Firm
Via Pretorio 13
You will not, in general, have to pay a fee to exercise any of your individual rights. However, Ms. Silvia Petruzzino may charge a fee for access if the relevant data protection legislation allows her to do so, in which case she will inform you as required by the law.
If you feel Ms. Silvia Petruzzino has not handled your query or concern to your satisfaction you can contact the competent data protection authority, in Switzerland the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.